Thursday, July 06, 2006

Dying to be Great

I am a very small man, at least that is how I see myself when I walk in front of the mirrored glass doors at the bank. Mirrors are everywhere these days.

Sometimes, all the time, when life is busy, when I can feel God (yes I believe in Him) smilling at me I begin to feel big, even huge. In fact these days I feel pretty big quite often. A few weeks ago I took my oldest two kids camping for the first time. We made a fire, roasted hotdogs, went hiking. I showed them how to walk down a steep canyon and not slip. They showed me how cool centipedes are. We arrived at the bottom and they sat waiting for me to lead on. It was one of those moments where you know you are big. This is that moment.

I've never blogged, but I expect this will be a bit about my efforts to be big and my belief that for humans being big is closely tied to Jesus of Nazareth. If I am potential, He was and is completely actual.

Take Care
Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home